1. I AM NEW TO SMOKING, WHAT WOULD YOU RECOMMEND FOR A BEGINNER?
2. I HAVE PURCHASED SOME CIGARS FROM YOU, BUT THEY APPEAR TO HAVE A WHITE SUBSTANCE ON THEM. IS THIS MOULD?
Most likely this would not be mould. If it wipes off with a finger than this will be plume, a substance that indicates the cigars have been kept in excellent condition.
3. I HAVE PURCHASED SOME CIGARS FROM YOU, BUT THE SEALS ARE BROKEN ON THE BOXES. IS THIS NORMAL?
Yes it is. Our suppliers often check the quality of the product in question by opening the boxes/packs before we receive them. All our cigars are quality checked for colour appearance and overall condition.
4. IS IT SAFE TO USE MY CREDIT CARD ONLINE?
We use the highest assurance SSL certificate on our website which is the EV SSL (Extended Validity SSL) certificate.
5. I AM NOT A SMOKER, BUT I AM LOOKING TO BUY SOME FOR A FRIEND THAT IS. WHAT BRANDS WOULD BE A SAFE BET TO GO FOR?
6. WHERE CAN I ASK FOR ADVICE OR RECOMMENDATIONS?
7. IF I SIGN UP FOR AN ACCOUNT WILL MY DETAILS BE KEPT PRIVATE?
Please be assured your details will be kept confidential and will not be sold, shared with any third parties.
8. WHAT IF I’M NOT HAPPY WITH MY PURCHASE?
If you are not entirely satisfied with your purchase, we will be happy to help.
Please contact us via email at email@example.com before returning an item.
9. CAN I REQUEST SPECIFIC DELIVERY INSTRUCTIONS FOR MY ORDER?
Yes you can. When you place your order please add the specific delivery instructions to the comments box on the order page.
10. I ALREADY ORDER BY PHONE. HOW DO I START ORDERING BY WEB?
Simply send us an email with your full name and address. That's so we can find your account. Include a note that you want to start ordering on the web. We'll set up your account and email your initial username and password. We highly recommend changing the initial username and password.
11. ARE THE CIGARS IN MY ORDER GUARANTEED FOR FRESHNESS?
We take quality control very seriously. All the cigars we ship are shipped either in sealed boxes or, in case of single sticks or 5-packs, in hermetically sealed packaging. Most cigars in our samplers are super-premium cigars and we do everything to guarantee freshness upon arrival.
All Fox Cigars orders are shipped from our state-of-the-art climate controlled warehouse.
And all the cigars are hermetically packed in humidity sealed-in zip-loc with patented WATER-PILLOW packets inside the package to guarantee freshness.
12. I NEVER BOUGHT FROM YOU SO I WANT TO KNOW IF I PLACE AN ORDER SHOULD I CHECKOUT AS A "GUEST" OR CREATE MY OWN ACCOUNT
When placing an order you have three options to select from when you checkout. Buying on our web site is very simple: You click on the items you like and put them in your shopping cart. At this point you DON'T need to log-in at all. When you're ready to finish just click "check-out" and follow the prompts. If you never bought from us, select"NEW WEB CUSTOMER" enter your info and make payment. If you already bought then you're "existing customer" and you need to enter your email address and password. If the web site doesn't recognize your email address and/or password then click on "Forgot my Password" and enter your email address and a password RESET will be sent automatically to your mailbox. You can also finish the checkout process as a guest. Please note that when you check out as a guest you do not have the extra benieft of being able to check your history or track your orders as regular customers do and you also do not get tracking notice by email. Therefore, it is advisable not to use the guest option if you are a cigar consumer.
13. DO YOU SHIP INTERNATIONAL?
Yes. We ship anywhere in the world. Please click here to know more.
14. WHY IS MY CIGAR NOT BURNING EVENLY?
Uneven burning cigars are usually a result of poor lighting techniques. It can also result from very windy conditions where the cigar is being smoked. The poor lighting techniques can be avoided by following the lighting procedures above. If it is very windy where you are smoking the cigar, just face the opposite direction of the wind so that it blows from behind you. Sometimes one side burns faster than the other as a result of smoking the cigar too fast. Just put it down and let the longer side catch up with the other. Tap off the ash afterwards and draw on the cigar softly.
15. WHEN IS THE RIGHT MOMENT TO TAP THE ASH OFF THE CIGAR?
The ash is very sturdy and will hold on the cigar for between ¾” to 1”. You should consider lightly tapping it off every ½” or so. The ash is actually good as it absorbs some of the heat and allows the cigar to burn cooler. This will enhance the flavor and the smoking experience.
16. HOW FAR DOWN CAN I SMOKE THE CIGAR?
You can smoke it as far down as you want if you are still enjoying its’ flavors. A great cigar will tempt you to smoke it down to the point where your finger tips are feeling the heat. After you are done, drop it in an ashtray and do not crush it down to put out the lit end. This will only cause it to smell bad. Just leave it and within a few minutes it will go out by itself.
17. WHATS THE CORRECT TEMPERATURE AND HUMIDITY TO STORE MY CIGARS?
The ideal conditions for cigar storage are 70% humidity and 70°F (21°C) temperature. In such an environment, cigars keep aging properly. This can vary by about 10 without hurting the cigar.